Signs of Benzodiazepine Addiction
If you hope to overcome an addiction to benzos, it’s important to notice the signs and symptoms of addiction. If you notice these signs, you should seek professional assistance.
- Sudden weakness or drowsiness
- Trouble processing thoughts
- Blurred vision and mood changes
- Depression, nausea, and anxiety
How to Treat a Benzodiazepine Addiction
Because of how benzos affect the brain and why you started taking them in the first place, treatment is tricky. Here’s the multi-faceted approach we take at Oasis Detox.
- Guided intervention and detox
- Ongoing treatment and therapy
- Inpatient residential program
- Aftercare plan for when you leave
Effects of Benzodiazepine Addictions
In addition to being highly addictive, benzos are very dangerous if you continue to abuse them. Here are some of the dangers and consequences of getting addicted to benzodiazepines.
- Total reliance on benzodiazepines
- Sudden inability to breathe deeply
- Violent outbursts and delusions
- Risk of ataxia, coma, and death