What is Cocaine Addiction?
Because cocaine is an illegal drug, taking even the smallest amount is considered substance abuse and illegal. This isn’t just a technicality either because of how cocaine affects your brain. It’s possible to get highly addicted to cocaine simply from taking it one time in a minute amount.
Dangers of Cocaine Addiction
Because of how dangerous cocaine is, you should seek professional help via a cocaine addiction treatment program immediately. By taking cocaine over a prolonged period of time or by taking too much in a single dose, you are at risk for the following conditions and problems.
- High heart rate and potential heart attack
- Cognitive damage and memory problems
- Seizures and uncontrolled muscle spasms
- Mood, personality, and behavior changes
- Getting into financial and legal hot water
- Death or permanent damage due to overdose